WildObs Lookout is the latest iphone application to join the WildObs family of wildlife iphone applications. Lookout allows you to find nature around you (to “keep a lookout”) and get some ideas of what wildlife you could experience. Let crowd-sourcing help you get away from the crowds and experiencing nature…
Are you visiting a park for the first time, are you looking for something new around you? Do you have an itch to experience something new? Let the many amazing wildlife observers in the wildobs community lead you to nature. See what others are seeing, and tune in to the wildlife around you:
- Lookout is location based, it shows you encounters around where you are.
- Dive into each encounter:
- Map the encounters, include your current location, launch Google maps for driving directions.
- Expand photographs for greater detail.
- Explore the species (locally, on wildobs and on the Internet w/ NWF.org and Wikipedia.)
- Find more local encounters for the species.
- Browse community encounters:
- Recent encounters from the wildobs time-line.
- Features encounters (great stories, images or otherwise special critters/encounters.)
- Popular encounters (voted on by the WildObs community.)
- View encounters for species from your “favorite species” list.
- View encounters for species from your “wish-list species” list.
- Comment on observer encounters within the community.
WildObs Lookout 1.0
Find your nature…
Dig into each encounter:
Map any set of encounters (local or wide spread):